Hello Em!
Sorry for a quiet weekend but Lee had wrestling so I was a little bit busy ;)
I weighed myself yesterday and had lost 2lb, so i'm back on target!
Tomato soup was a huge success - i'm really buzzing to make loads more soups as they were so easy and soup costs so much money but this is cheap! I wish i'd took pics of it all but I was in the kinda mood last week where I just wanted to eat it LOL
Lee made an amazing curry, it tasted like we'd ordered it!! REALLY good!!! Try a chicken curry, it's brilliant and also I recommend only using fresh green beans and cauliflower even though they're expensive. It taste 400 times better!!
I can't remember when your weigh in day is but i'm so excited!! Like I said before, ignore how much weight Ian is losing. Eventually his weight will slow down but yours should keep going at a steady pace. Also, stop comparing yourself to others and focus on your own goal. God I wish you'd weighed yourself before your first week on the diet but even without that big loss, you've still lost a lot now!! I'm really proud and excited for you :)
Lastly, I was looking through your eating plans last week and I think we got the wrong end of the stick here haha. The superfree idea is that you make sure you're getting 1/3 of your plate superfree, that you snack on more superfree between meals instead of Mullers, Alpens and syns. It seems like you just tried to eat superfree and nothing else hahaha!! Bless you!!I dont know if you managed it or if your body had an end of the week cheat, but well done!
The idea of Slimming World is learning to eat for life. There's no point losing weight if the food you're eating is not something you could stick to for life. SO, you can't live every day eating salad and fruit so eventually you're going to binge or maybe even eat free foods again and your body will put on or not lose weight as much because it will have been used to such a low calorie diet.
That said, sometimes me and Lee have a Chinese because we love sitting in with a film after a very hard week and the excitement of ordering a takeaway. The syns are in the book and it's really reasonable - Chicken in black bean sauce or chow mein is the best. ANyway, because Lee's lost near enough to his target, he always has chips (and still loses) and I have a handful of them (and I mean a SMALL handful) just to taste lol boiled rice and chicken curry. I've no idea how many syns it is but I still always lose a good weight. On that day I snack on fruit and eat a very low cal lunch such as half a pasta n sauce bulked out with veg - or a soup.
Lastly, you mentioned before you was starving up town so I thought i'd add a few little tips. Mcdonalds do a premium chicken salad. They do it with bacon too but that's a few syns. Chicken salad is free on extra easy and tastes great but is really expensive. If you want to grab something quick (and if kieren wants something with cherry tomatos) then the 99p side salad is great but small - keep the tub for packed lunches! Subway is a great option for food. Ignore the smell of bread and get yourself a salad bowl! You can choose from all the salad (no olives, theyre not free) and it inspires you because they cut it all in different shapes which makes me feel like it's more enjoyable so I copy at home. In this, you can put in your meats.. there's grilled chicken or steak or ham. It's a substantial meal and feels like you eat it forever!! Don't forget to ask for salt and pepper and make it into a meal with a big diet coke with slushy ice ;)
Or there's Asda - they do Jacket potatos or J Tats as me and Lee like to call them hehee!! Jacket potato with salad or beans or both is a winner and if you have an A you can get some cheese (will be full fat though) or enjoy a hot drink because they do sweetener!
Lastly, the risky but enjoyable one is Boots. They do loads of Shapers sandwiches for low cals and my absolute favourite is the Snack a Jacks cheeky chutney crisps (whatever they're called.. purple packet and spicy) with a really light Ribena, a shapers cream soda or diet cherry coke. I work out my whole meal to less than 500 cals and it helps me out when im out for the day ie Merry Hill because if i've planned we're going to Boots, then I get excited for that. If I don't plan it, then you get super starving and the smell of all the eateries makes you turn in to a mega cheat!! I always deduct myself a B and then go on with my day as an Extra Easy and pretend this never happened and it's never effected my weight losses.
In fact, on the weeks where I had a little something - I lost more!! Go figure!!
On Mcdonalds, all the food has calorie values so you can work out syns easily but I wouldn't recommend that unless you're really fancying it and save up syns. I had a Mcdonalds and it wasn't as great as I hoped and I felt terrible after. It just didn't taste as good as home cooking so I felt like I cheated myself. This was on christmas eve I think, can't remember!!
SO there we go, one huge post!!
Love ya xx
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.